Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chess Competition for The Disabled

Leo Club organized the chess competition in Berjaya Times Square. The venue was The Boulevard Central. The chess competition for the disabled people usually has organised every year since 2002.

23 disabled people include me had been joining this chess competition. I joined this chess competition to gain new experience. I had been play chess against four opponents. I got bye once and after I played two times before. Next match started after break time. Breakfast, lunch and tea time had been providing.

I lost all times. I accept all defeat. I play chess against the 'Chess King', a blind man and two deaf people. I was not sure about kind of disabilities of the 'Chess King'. The 'Chess King' got champion again. We all got certificate but top 10 winner got cash prize. 3 top winner also got cup. No deaf people won three top places on this year. Hope that deaf people will win the next chess competition on next year.

I made new friend with four sweet students. I and some of my deaf friends taught them about sign language. They better communicate with deaf people by sign language next time so that they won't forget all sign language.

Get defeat more doesn't mean that you will defeat each times.
(Wei Xiong)


With the sweet students

With old deaf people

Sangee Tha and me

Together deaf people and Leo Club staffs

No comments: